Tuesday, May 13, 2008

REDEEMED!

So after the whole wheat pasta debacle, I had to redeem myself and find the old recipe from Bon Appetit that was similar except it was DELICIOUS!

I searched their database to no avail but I was able to review similar recipes and kind of figure it out. Here it is, courtesy of my vague memory and Bon Appetit:

1 lb of Fettuccine
1 sliced bell pepper
1/2 red onion, sliced
8 - 12 oz snow peas
1/4 cup crushed honey roasted peanuts

Sauce:
2T Soy Sauce
2T Balsamic Vinegar
2T Sesame Oil
3T Honey
1/4t Cayenne
(I put all of these into a small container with a lid and shake until well blended.

* Saute vegetables in a 1/2T of sesame oil until bite tender
* Chill the cooked pasta a little and add the sauce and vegetables.
* Refrigerate for at least 45 minutes. Add the peanuts right before you eat.

We sat down.

The dinner was beautiful.

And it was...delicious.


My husband ate it. I ate it. One son ate it. One son whined and then went to play with his cars.

3 out of 4 ain't bad in my book.

Oh, and it's better the next day!

~ Persistent Mama

No comments: