Sunday, April 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Little Brother

I never forget and didn't forget, the card just usually gets delayed.

1972: Jimmy, me, you


I can't believe that we have grown so much, it's hard to look at you and see you as an adult. You were the coolest kid, so fun, so friendly and easy. Easy to like, easy to love.

I dream of winning the lottery and buying a huge parcel of land so that you, Jimmy and I can live a few acres apart, connected by golf cart paths. Far enough away for privacy, but close enough to have Happy Hour on Friday nights like Mom, Dad, Grandpa and Grandma. We would start a business and be happy and our kids would play together. I imagine us on warm summer evenings drinking Scarlett O'Haras; we would laugh alot, sing songs from Grease and play spades until sunrise.

I suspect we won't have the compound that I dream of but know that I always think of you and am so proud of the man that you have become. Although, I will always remember you most as a kid.

Of greatest joy to me, is that I see your nature in my boys. I am grateful that the David gene is embedded in my sons. I sometimes call out Jimmy and David rather than Jamie and Nathan. I laugh a little at how easily your name is called out. It seems like it was just yesterday...

My best to you sweet brother. I love you.

Stephanie

No comments: