Monday, March 17, 2008

Reenacting a Spectacular Fall

My boys attack life with every ounce in their 30 lb bodies. Every new experience is an absolute joy. So much so, in some cases, they like to reenact the very moment, over and over again. I love that. How many times in our lives do we have the time to just stop and do something 10, 20, 30 times, because it was just so much fun the first time. Amazingly, the experience is just as spectacular the first time as it is the last time.

The boys are especially proficient at reenacting a spectacular fall, so much so, it becomes a carefully orchestrated stunt. I have seen Nathan slide across our hard word floor in socks, slip on his butt and conk his head on a dining chair…only to try it again. Each time he laughs. “Look at me!” he exclaims.

This evening, the fall became a newly invented trick. The boys were playing with these foam Tow Mater chairs. They are small, fit for a little kid, and programmed to say really funny things…my favorite is “I’m ticklish on my bumper”…tee hee hee. I giggle a little each time I hear it, but I digress.

Jamie sat in the chair and proceeded to push so hard backwards that the chair tipped backward with a little, smooshy, thud. “Whoa!” Nathan witnessed the whole thing. Next thing you know, they both sit in the chair and fall slowly backward with another smooshy thud. They decide to move their chairs to a new location and do it again. This whole …move the chair, fall backwards and move again…went on for about 10 minutes. I couldn’t stop it, I was enjoying it too much. I couldn’t remember the last time I did something so amazing, I just had to do it over and over again. How wonderful to still be amazed at an experience and have the time to practice until your accident is nothing short of a perfect event. If I could only be so lucky.

~ Envious Mama

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What fun! You are right about taking the time to enjoy and repeat an activity that was fun. As always, sounds like Nate & Jamie were having a ball!
Thanks for sharing...