Sunday, November 18, 2007

Tow Mater! Tow Mater!

I started Christmas shopping early this year. I want everything to be here on time and I did not want to stress out waiting for things to be shipped.

I really love shopping for the boys, I get to re-live my childhood and this time, I have more than a $2.00 weekly allowance to spend. My most recent obsession, I mean, the boys' most recent obsession are the Pixar Cars Die Cast cars. I bought them a few to start off with…Doc, Lightening McQueen, Leak Less and Chick Hicks. They carried them around for days. Each of the cars was only about $3 - $5. WOW! I can buy lots! So I headed back to Wal-Mart to buy more...unfortunately they didn't have Tow Mater. I decided that I would get online and order Tow Mater for a stocking stuffer.

I have ordered and received several boxes of presents so far and I am stashing them in my office – my sacred and (until now) undisturbed sanctuary. This past week the boys realized they could open doors and burst into my office. I wasn’t all that concerned until I heard them screeching “TOW MATER”. OH NO! I ran in and took the toys out of their hands and ushered them out…hoping that I could distract them and they would soon forget.

Well, that didn’t happen. In the middle of the night, Jamie woke up and I went in to check on him. I stayed with him a little bit and went back to my own bed. 10 minutes later, Jamie is crying out “TOW MATER! TOW MATER”!

Hmmm...now what do I do? They are so excited about it right now - what if they forget about him by Christmas?

Next day, they broke into my office again. This time, I was smarter and I hid the boxes in the closet. Much to my dismay, I didn’t see that one of the Tow Mater’s had dropped on the floor. Next words I heard…”TOW MATER!!!!”.

Today they enjoyed playing with Lightening McQueen and Tow Mater.

Merry Christmas.

~ Tow Mater's Biggest Fan

No comments: