Sunday, December 9, 2007

Keeping up with the Jetsons

Picture this:

Jane Jetson receives a call in the morning, before she has had time to shower and put on her make-up. She grabs for her special "mask" that makes it appear as though she as been perfectly coiffed and answers the phone. Since it is in the future, she has a video phone and her friend sees her looking perfect and is none the wiser. Do you remember that? I loved the Jetson's - here's the theme song:

Jetson's Theme




I don't claim to be one of those that keep up with the Jones' but these days, I am keeping up with the Jetson's.

We downloaded Skype to our computers and added a Webcam. Mike's sister and parents also have a webcam. We are able to call each other and talk and for anyone with the webcam, we are the Jetson's. The boys are so infatuated with it they YELL into the computer and wave. Just incredible. I am hoping to connect with family across the country so that I can see them and hear them too. It's hard to travel these days - as the boys get older, it will definitely get easier. Until then, we'll rely on our video phone.

Now, if I could only find my Jane Jetson mask...

~ Another Jane

No comments: